The DAWN Microfinance is one of the leading microfinance operations in Myanmar, with a portfolio of over US$2,000,0000. Started in 2002 by Save the Children, the program covers areas in peri-urban Yangon, and has expanded to a well-established network with over 30,000 clients across 12 townships in 5 divisions. The project aims to reach 130,000 active clients by the end of 2018 with a wide range of financial services adjusted to the needs of low-income clients and households across Myanmar.
Our Mission: To raise the living standards of low-income households everywhere
What we do:
- We increase financial resources available to poor families.
- We develop local microfinance facilities that are institutionally and financially sustainable.
- We consistently maintain high portfolio quality with 0% portfolio at risk.
- We support the practice of saving amongst our clients’ families.
- We empower communities and groups to save together and support each other.
- We expand and benefit from economies of scale.