Report to the CEO, this position will lead the Sales function in our client and be key in growing the business in Myanmar.
About Our Client
Our client has recently set up operations in Yangon and offer a unique product to help bring power to low income households in rural areas. With a philosophy to make a difference, they are an inspirational organizations with big plans.
This is your chance to join at the early stages and help build the company. This position reports to the CEO and be a main driver for the growth of the business.
Primary tasks as Head of S&D
- Establish and maintain the companies countrywide distribution channel.
- Participate in the planning of country wide roll-out of solar home systems.
- Recruit distributors and retailers by identifying local entrepreneurs and business owners in specific areas, create good relations and alliances and negotiate terms and conditions.
- Design and adjust commission structure and contract setup with distributors and retailers.
- Follow up on sales performance and customer satisfaction and support, coach and motivate the distributors and retailers to improve.
- Lead sales activities, channel engagement and local marketing events.
- Make ongoing sales reporting.
- Support CEO on sales channel decisions, such as marketing, product, pricing and roll-out planning.
- Degree at bachelor level or similar.
- Minimum 3 years working experience within distribution and sales.
- Excellent understanding of distributor and retailer behaviour and business sales strategy.
- Understanding of rural Myanmar culture and customer needs in rural areas.
- Travel experience from most regions and states in Myanmar and a solid understanding of local differences from area to area.
- Must be able to speak and write Burmese fluently.
- Good knowledge of the English language – both oral and written.
If you feel you are up for a great challenge, apply now.