Head of Legal & Compliance at one of leading local banks in Myanmar
- Ensure the institution complies with standard legal practice and providing strategic legal advice to the management in support of the company’s business needs.
- Salary is up to 4,000,000 MMK plus other allowances
About the Company
Our client is one of the largest banks in Myanmar. With strong plans for growth and strong focus on their online strategy, they are in a strong position to become the most progressive bank in Myanmar.
Responsible for directing and managing all the legal affairs of the organization.
- Manage the legal and compliance department of the bank
- Compile a list of all laws and regulations that need to be complied with and the frequency of their reporting to regulators, as required
- Monitor compliance programs that have been put in place to ensure adequacy.
- Oversee the dissemination of compliance-related information to bank employees to ensure familiarity with compliance requirements and conduct training for greater awareness within the bank
- Deal with auditors and examiners during regulatory compliance examinations
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the financial services industry
- A Bachelor holder in Law & Business Law, post graduate is highly preferred and other related professional certificates will be an advantage
- Good command of English and must be able to read and understand legal terms well
- Have a solid understanding of Central Bank of Myanmar’s rules and regulations
Performance bonus + telephone + other allowances
A rapidly growing organization which will allow your future to grow simultaneously with them.
Career Growth Opportunities
Together with the growth of company business, there are a lot of potential for career development of the employees